InterMoor Completed Conductor Fabrication and Installation for Papa Terra Field
HOUSTON (September 10, 2012) – InterMoor, an Acteon company, has completed installation of the drilling and production conductors for the Papa Terra project, announced Global President Tom Fulton. Petrobras serves as the operator of the Papa Terra concession with a 62.5% interest; Chevron holds the remaining 37.5% interest.
InterMoor was responsible for the design, procurement, fabrication and installation of 15 conductors for the project. All conductors were 36 inches in diameter and 57 meters long. InterMoor fabricated all the conductors at its 24-acre Morgan City, La., facility. InterMoor chartered the Skandi Skolten, DOF Subsea’s Construction Anchor Handling Vessel, and the installation barge with a customized conductor launch system. For conductor driving, InterMoor used MENCK’s MHU-270T DWS which included a deepwater hydraulic hammer, capable of providing a driving energy of 270 kilojoules at a water depth of 3,281 ft (1000 m) combined with MENCK’s girdle-type electro-hydraulic power pack and umbilical support system.. Generating hydraulic power at depth, rather than at the surface, means no hydraulic hose, therefore minimal energy loss at depth and minimizing environmental impact. The conductors were installed in water depths of 3,937 ft. (1,200 m) off the coast of Brazil in the southern Campos Basin. The installation occurred in April 2012. InterMoor’s conductor services optimize conductor design to meet project-specific load and fatigue requirements, and the unique patented installation method allows installation without the need of a construction vessel. A standard Anchor Handling Vessel is sufficient, leading to a more economical installation, always off the rig’s critical path.
“We are proud to have successfully completed this important installation for Petrobras and proud to be part of the first offshore tension-leg, wellhead platform in Brazil,” said Fulton. “Our collaboration with sister company MENCK proved again to be an effective partnership and InterMoor remains the only company worldwide to offer a full conductor installation service in deep water.”
“InterMoor has been developing its strength in the Brazil market through our local office in Rio de Janeiro and this project completion confirms the breadth of our capabilities in the region,” added John Riggs, Managing Director for InterMoor do Brasil.
Entre em contato agora / Notícias e Informações
Institucional +55 21 3282-5730